Below please note some important updates and clarifications in relation to Covid matters as we move to Level 5 across the country:
- Club Games and Training
Level 5 restrictions mean neither adult club games nor training can take place between now and December 1st. The GAA and LGFA is adopting a 32-County approach in this context and therefore training for adult teams will not be allowed in the North either.
From midnight tonight, training at Minor level and below only will be permitted for clubs in all 32 Counties (but not Inter-County). However, it must be on a non-contact basis in pods of no more than 15 people. Dressing Rooms cannot be used and the Health Questionnaire must be filled out by all those participating. Attendance by parents/guardians should be on the basis of one per child (for child protection reasons) and the Health Questionnaire must be filled out by all of those coming into the ground.
Injury Fund – The LGFA Injury Fund cover is only in place for Inter-County training and matches and where non-contact training is organised for school aged children (i.e. Minor grade and below) outdoors in pods of 15.
The LGFA Injury Fund cover does not extend to physical training sessions conducted remotely (i.e. online, via zoom etc.)
2. Use of indoor facilities – Commercial use of indoor halls continues to be permitted where agreement was in place prior to March and relevant insurance are in place. Use by State bodies e.g. HSE/Schools is also permitted.
These are the only instances in which Indoor facilities should be used.
3. Outdoor Astro facilities/All-Weather pitches – these can only be used for underage Gaelic Games training purposes. Under Level 5, they cannot be hired out to recreational users (Schools are the only exception in this context) .
Essential property checks maintenance and pitch upkeep is permitted in Level 5.
In the case of Community Employment Scheme workers, local scheme operators will need to confirm the position to each club. We would remind all units that an extension of cover request is required for engagement of such workers at club properties.
4. Club Lottos/Draws – These are not permitted to take place indoors on GAA/LGFA facilities.
5. Walking Tracks – these are permitted to be used on the basis of the relevant control measures (signage etc) being in place. Clubs should remind users of the 5km travel restrictions in relation to use of these facilities.
6. Drive in Events – Drive-in events are not permitted in Level 5 in the 26 Counties or for clubs in the 6 Counties.
7. Handball – Handball Alleys can only be used for individual training (i.e. one player at a time)